Wednesday, April 16, 2008

DAY 1

Kicking my own butt, that is what happened. I started off to a decent start...walking. I walked for half a mile, then came the jog. At 5.0 on the treadmill, that is what I did for the next half mile. That was honestly all I could do. 1/2 mile. My legs felt like tingling tree trunks, I am so out of shape. Heavier than I should be, but up for the journey. So I kept on walking at 4.3 til I hit 20 minutes on the treadmill. Next, I moved onto the elliptical. 15 minutes at a level 5, I was dripping sweat. So today, 35 minutes of cardio- not a bad start. Then the stretching. I am a flexible gal, but not as much as I used to be. I am up for the journey, I have my goals in sight, and I am ready to go. I am not tired, I am energized, and I am now up and going for the day. The kids are still in bed, so it is peaceful- I will be posting regularly, because this is going to be my journal to success. I have also decided to post a picture tonight??? Why, because I need to see it, and move forward.

BTW, did you watch "The Biggest Loser"? Loved it! Alli is so inspiring, and I am so thrilled she did it. I was crying, yes, I know, through half of it, because I feel like I can relate. So here we go on a roller coaster of a journey, weight loss, and working out can be a beast, but I am up for the challenge.

Just an fyi, I have 87 days until I go to the beach. Day 1 of 87, off to a great start!!!!!!!



3 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Great job, Jen. I like mixing my workouts up too. and I love the elliptical! It's totally low impact and a good change.

I've been trying all week to get up and exercise...Erika has even been texting me at like 6 a.m. So today I finally got up and worked out! yay! i think your posts last night helped me to get up this morning too!

also, I've talked about it before briefly...but I think it deserves mention again. You should log onto runnersworld.com and use thier workout log. You can chart all your workouts, weight, food, basically everything...it has a calendar and does reports! I know it even has coding to put things on blogs!

Jen Carpenter said...

Fabulous!!! Thanks for the info about the workout log, looking into ASAP! Excited to hear about your workouts! Thanks for being so supportive!

Ashley Eliza said...

GO JEN!!! ahh i started running last week and its great! I have some cool things about eating that i learned in my eating behavior/weight control class! I will leave a comment about them later! YOu will love them. They really make you think about when and what youre eating. Best wishes! oh and listen to some jock jams! haha love yoU!