Tuesday, May 25, 2010

1 PT. ALFREDO SAUCE, ARE YOU KIDDING!

Chicken Fettucini Alfredo...oooohhh, MY FAVORITE, BUT the scary word- ALREDO! I love my cream sauce just like the next person, and that is why I am going to share with you my FAVORITE, favorite, universal sauce that is only 135 calories per cup, prepared! Delicious!!! And let me tell you, I don't use 1 cup, I use 1/3 of a cup so that is only 1 pt. since I am doing Weight Watchers! Also, I make the full serving, and because the Universal Sauce, is, well- UNIVERSAL, I put the rest in the fridge to use on other meals/recipes through out the week! (more to come later...) How fabulous is that!

Here's the recipe, and the links to Shirley J as well, I love their products! I am hoping to have all of their products broken down into points. They are a great way to stretch your budget and perfectly portion out your meals whether there is 2 of you or 10~


FETTUCINI ALFREDO

Alfredo Sauce:

3 c. water
1 cup Shirley J Universal Sauce
1/2 tsp. Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1-2 T. Shirley J Pizza/Pasta Seasoning (this really makes it!)

Directions:

In a medium saucepan, add water and Shirley J Universal Sauce, mix thoroughly and bring to a slow boil. Add bouillon, cayenne, black pepper, and pizza/pasta seasonings. Remove from heat.


I will usually put this sauce over fettucini. I use 1 cup of cooked pasta (3-4 pts., depending on brand) I will also add 3 oz. of diced grilled chicken to top it (3 PTS)! Amazing Chicken Fettucini Alfredo dinner for a point value of....

7 pts. for an amazingly delicious dinner!
Pair this dish with a green salad and a balsamic dressing, and you've got a wonderful, healthy lunch or dinner for 7 points! Now that is what I call LIVING!
Happy Cook'n!

No comments: