Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New Me!

I have toyed with the idea of trying this program, KRISTI APPROVED.  It is also known as "Live the Life".  A good friend of mine is one of the master-minds behind the program.  She is, to put it simply, AMAZING.  It had been a few months since I had seen her, I'd heard a bit about this "program" she was doing, and teaching others about.  I was curious, but not at a point in my life that it peaked my interest.  Hubby and I were just coming out of Bajio's after doing some Christmas shopping- it was Dec. 2009.  I hadn't seen Trish forever.  This gal came running in to the restaurant to take her daughter to the bathroom.  Had I not seen her face, I would have never known it was Trish.  SHE LOOKED FABULOUS!  Now, let me say, she always looked good and fit, but she was toned, fit, and just looked great!  We ended up talking to her and Jesse (her man) for a bit, caught up, and said our goodbye's.  Of course, I went home, looked up everything I could about the program, watched the "you tube" vid's, and the interest was peaked...let's fast forward.

It is January 2011.  I have gained 50 lbs in the last 6 months, due to changing meds, horrible eating habits, no motivation to exercise, stress, to put it simply- life has taken control, and somehow I let it.  Now, I am not complaining, it is- what it is.  Something finally hit a nerve in me, and I decided it was time.  Time for me to take control and start LIVING THE LIFE- MY LIFE!  So, I did it.  I ordered Kristi Approved, and I started this Monday.  Now there are a lot of factors here, that I won't go into at the moment.  But I will say this, after going over, and over, every tiny aspect of KA- I liked what I saw. And I knew it could somehow work for me.  Since starting KA, I've lost 4 lbs, 3 inches total around my body, and I've had a change in my overall attitude.  I feel good.  I am a happier person.  I am eating so much food, that I am never hungry.  It takes a little prep work, but doesn't everything.  I am excited to see where the next 11 weeks will take me, how my body will change, how taking care of me from the inside out will show.  And, if others will notice.

I have a story to tell.  And this is where I will tell it.  Be it crazy, maybe a little too personal, or just flat out boring.  I am doing this for me as a reminder of where I've been, what I am doing, and where I am going.  If you want, follow me on this journey- cuz IT'S GONNA BE A CRAZY ONE!

A few things to look for in the next week:

  • Week 1 Photo and starting weight (and yes, I am embarrassed, but this is the start!)
  • Starting inches.
  • Goals
  • Updates on my NY half-marathon training. and some RESISTANCE TRAINING!
  • Things I've learned along the way.
  • What really lead to the weight gain-
  • Self-Discovery and Self-Analysis!
If you are interested in changing from the inside out- check it out here:  http://www.kristiapproved.com/

Feel free to comment!

Here's to LIVING MY LIFE! aNd one more thing- that profile pix will change, that was last April- and I don't look like that at the moment- darn't!

1 comment:

Can said...

Jen: You are amazing!!! I too am starting a journey to better myself! I am doing a program my brother in law has put together for me (mainly because it's free) but have looked into Kristi Approved and would love to one day do it (when we have money coming in again). I'm very proud of you for doing this and for blogging about it. I'm also blogging about my journey cansjourney.blogspot.com if you ever want to feel like you aren't alone. Can you believe life has gotten us to this point? I never thought I'd be on this journey but I know it's a learning and growing experience for me. I am really looking forward to hearing about your progress! Good Luck!!!