Saturday, March 24, 2012

"In Time"

What time is it?   We are always concerned with TIME.  It is a funny thing, right?  Have you all seen the movie, "In Time"?  I went with a fabulous friend of mine, and we left there really wondering if we liked the movie.  It was different, J.T. is great eye candy, but...theme, plot?  What I took from it was that EVERYTHING WE DO WITH OUR TIME, COMES WITH SOME KIND OF PRICE TAG. Whether that be financial, spiritual, emotional, or physical.  I've thought about this a lot after I saw that movie, and even more so now. What do I do with all of my time?  Am I being productive in every aspect of my day?

NOPE, I have been a very irresponsible person with my time!  I can honestly say, that I have wasted so much time over the last few years of my life.  I have depression and I am an emotional eater...the two combined- BIG PROBLEMO!  Over the last few years, my weight has been slowly climbing and now at its highest.  I have been on and off medication for periods of time, and I can clearly see why I need to be on it- and I am okay with that.  What does this have to do with time you ask?  When I have been depressed, I hole up in my room after my hubby and kids go to work and school.  I eat all day.  I sleep.  I am anti-social.  I feel empty.  You see, it is the biggest waste of time.  Anyone who truly knows me knows that I love to be social, be active, and enjoy each day.  The periods of time that I have missed getting healthy, cleaning house, doing service, enjoying friends, learning a new hobby and simply living life is what has led me back to the blog.  A place where I can be me, learn from others and make use of my TIME!  I have learned so much about myself over the last few weeks and what I want to do.  I want to use my time to get to know my Father in Heaven and his son, Jesus Christ.  I want to serve my family better, and get to know them even more.  I want to be physically healthy, run a marathon this year!  I want to work my Shirley J business so that I can help others simplify in the kitchen and create financial independence.  I want to serve others.  I want to BETTER!  All of this is dependent on what I choose to do with my time, and from this day forward, I choose to USE MY TIME WISELY, SO THAT I WILL BE RICH.  Rich with joy, happiness, and love.  That is the price I would like to pay with the time that I have. 

Here I go!  Each day will be flawed, I am okay with that.  It will be hard, I accept that.  What I will no longer accept is wasting the time I have each day to be the person I was meant to be!

Next post:  What brought me to this?

Thanks for reading...

Jen

No comments: